About Me

My photo
Well I entered the world on 25th June 2010, the day after mummys birthday. That picture up there was one of the first daddy took of me. We were all fine and was home the next day. As I am now at 9weeks, I love being in my swing, on my play gym or in the bath kicking my legs around (ready for daddy to take me footie) I'm quite the dribbler!! I do love cuddles though :) I do have my screaming fits, excersising the lungs, I get passed from mummy to daddy then back to mummy till eventually I fall asleep, bouncing me does wonders. So I'm pretty much the same as every other 9week old on the block, only difference is I have Cystic Fibrosis. I will get mummy to explain it as best she can for you and will try to keep you as up to date with everything as we can. So here is my story.....

Sunday 6 February 2011

January...On the mend...?

So January's cough swab came back with a big fat nothing again. Hopefully that rotten pseudo has gone. After changing my reflux meds my sickness has eased right up, iv had a couple of slip ups but all in all I feel great :) however, m&d have just noticed that I have a black tongue. Sounds strange I know but to see it, it's like a black coating towards the back of my Tongue. We have our first shared care appointment on 21st jan at our local hospital so will get the doc to have a look at it then.

Swimming is going great. I'm loving it, frankie and I are getting really good at the underwater stuff. Mummy and lana are getting better too but not as good as us. The end of January marks the end of our intermediate 1 class :) to end the term we swam underwater through a hoop. See told you we was getting good :) next week (beginning of feb) is the start of intermediate 2... But we will miss the first lesson as we are going on HOLIDAY!!! :) we are off for a week to centre parks with nanny and grandad white, uncle Paul and his friend mike. Fun fun fun...

So the doc looked at my Tongue and he thinks it's a fungal infection. Apparently the nebuliser can make it more habbitable for fungi. They took a swab and sent it off to the lab for testing. After a looong week the results come back positive for pseudomonas :( that horrid bacteria that we thought we got rid of. I have one more cough swab in febuary to say if it had gone or not. Obviously not. They decide to change my meds again and also once we get back from holiday they are going to change my nebuliser to a different med too. Hopefully the combination will get rid of it once and for all. I shall keep you posted on that.

Mummy Is now freaking out packing everything except the kitchen sink haha. Will update soon after my first ever holiday :)

Cheerio... E x

No comments:

Post a Comment