About Me

My photo
Well I entered the world on 25th June 2010, the day after mummys birthday. That picture up there was one of the first daddy took of me. We were all fine and was home the next day. As I am now at 9weeks, I love being in my swing, on my play gym or in the bath kicking my legs around (ready for daddy to take me footie) I'm quite the dribbler!! I do love cuddles though :) I do have my screaming fits, excersising the lungs, I get passed from mummy to daddy then back to mummy till eventually I fall asleep, bouncing me does wonders. So I'm pretty much the same as every other 9week old on the block, only difference is I have Cystic Fibrosis. I will get mummy to explain it as best she can for you and will try to keep you as up to date with everything as we can. So here is my story.....

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Friday 2nd July....back to Sue for a weigh-in

1 WEEK OLD TODAY.

As agreed on Wednesday, we are back to check my weight. So there goes mummy, stripping me off once again, I guess i chould get used to this, and in the cold plastic dish. Mummy is smiling, could it be good news....."he put on half an oz" Sue says. 6lb 11.5oz Yay!!! Only a little, but a gain is a gain. Back on Monday she says to see how im getting on....

Monday 5th July......

Comfy on mummy & daddys bed 
Back to Sue, naked in the dish. This time I manage a small wee....hahaha....serves you right!! Mummy is laughing at me :) well mummy has been feeding me like mad all weekend, I feel like all I have done is eat, sleep and poop!! Ahh thats because that IS all I have done! Not good, I have lost 1oz I am now 6lb 10.5oz. I don' get it! Neither does mummy. She feels like she is doing something wrong, "maybe I'm just not producing enough milk". Sue tells her not to be silly and that I will eat as much as I want to, and I do. Little did mummy know, she was doing a perfect job and the weight loss was nothing to do with her. Sue says maybe mummy needs to stretch my little tummy a bit. Huh?!? "try topping him up with a bottle, just to get the demand higher". I thought I was quite demanding, obviously not enough.
Drying off from the bath  

So over the next week I am having my normal feed until i fall asleep, then mummy wakes me up and sticks a bottle in my mouth and I have more milk, tastes a bit different though and it takes me a few days to get used to it. M & D are laughing at the faces I pull. Strange though, every now and then I look up and see daddy feeding me, must be giving mummy a break.



Snuggled on mummy after my bath...night night...

Tuesday 13th July.....

Weigh in......WOOHOO I am now 7lb. Something is working. Mummy got a bit upset like she was failing, but after a little chat with Sue she cheered up, for now anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment