About Me

My photo
Well I entered the world on 25th June 2010, the day after mummys birthday. That picture up there was one of the first daddy took of me. We were all fine and was home the next day. As I am now at 9weeks, I love being in my swing, on my play gym or in the bath kicking my legs around (ready for daddy to take me footie) I'm quite the dribbler!! I do love cuddles though :) I do have my screaming fits, excersising the lungs, I get passed from mummy to daddy then back to mummy till eventually I fall asleep, bouncing me does wonders. So I'm pretty much the same as every other 9week old on the block, only difference is I have Cystic Fibrosis. I will get mummy to explain it as best she can for you and will try to keep you as up to date with everything as we can. So here is my story.....

Friday 17 September 2010

21st july...off to be weighed

So its been a whole week since i have been weighed and 6days since starting my meds so surly i must of gained some weight. Off we go, i strip off to my bare bum and lay on the scales.....woo hoo I'm now 8lb 1oz. I have gained a whopping 13 or 14lbs. I'm clever enough to know there is 16lbs in an ounce but I'm not sure how you count it as in, 14, 15, 16 8lb, 8,1, 8,2 etc or if the 16thoz is counted as the next lb. I'm not sure if i made any sense there but hey, i know what i mean :) so looks like the meds are working. Ill just give you a little breakdown of what i have to take....
So before every feed i have, i have to have something called Creon (I'm sure mummy will correct me if i get any of it wrong) this is because my pancreas does not work properly. So this is like a man made enzyme that helps to break down all the fats and proteins in my milk. This is what is helping me to gain the weight.
I then have to have some yucky antibiotics called flucloxacillin. This is bright pink and smells yummy but whooo no, its horrid, and i make sure m&d know about it when they give it to me. If its not bad enough anyway, i have to have this twice a day and on an empty stomach too so quite often I'm woken up from my lovely nap to have it. Thanks mummy and daddy. So this just helps to try and keep any nasty bugs away from me, i know it wont always work but Nannyy always says its the nasty stuff that makes you better, so i better have it.
Then i have to have 2 lots of vitamin supplements, just to boost mine up. These are rather yummy, i wish i could have more of these and less of the yucky pink stuff.
Finally m&d have to do physio on me twice a day. Nothing major at the moment just patting me all over to loosen up any mucus on my lungs. I find this a bit uncomfortable but I'm sure ill get used to it.

So that's me so far, Will update you soon,

Ethan x

No comments:

Post a Comment