About Me

My photo
Well I entered the world on 25th June 2010, the day after mummys birthday. That picture up there was one of the first daddy took of me. We were all fine and was home the next day. As I am now at 9weeks, I love being in my swing, on my play gym or in the bath kicking my legs around (ready for daddy to take me footie) I'm quite the dribbler!! I do love cuddles though :) I do have my screaming fits, excersising the lungs, I get passed from mummy to daddy then back to mummy till eventually I fall asleep, bouncing me does wonders. So I'm pretty much the same as every other 9week old on the block, only difference is I have Cystic Fibrosis. I will get mummy to explain it as best she can for you and will try to keep you as up to date with everything as we can. So here is my story.....

Friday 17 September 2010

Monday 6th September 2010....2nd clinic app at the brompton...

So today a very tired mummy had to get up and get me over to the Brompton this afternoon. Mummys friend Catherine came with us today to help with directions in case we got lost. When we got there i was a little hungry to say the least. They done my usual measurements, weight etc (I'm 11lb 9oz now)and then the lady came to do the cough swab. They need to try and do this before i have anything to eat in case it makes me sick but by now i was starving. So i just screamed. And i screamed a bit more. And to top it off...a little bit more! If I'm not getting my milk then your not getting your cough!! Ahhhh, that's better. While talking to the doctor, mummy explained that i have been a bit snuffly lately. Its true, i have found it a little hard to breath some mornings, so they have decided to change my antibiotics for a few weeks from the yucky pink one to a looovely white one, i like this....can we keep it mummy, pleeeease!! One of the consultants came it to talk about my upcoming events. I have got the lung function test, which as i said earlier this is the voluntary part, but also as part of the routine care i have to have something called a broncoscopy. I think that's something to do with cameras in my lungs but I'm not certain so ill leave that till the day comes. The consultant is going to get the appointments sorted, i guess its better to get them out the way sooner rather than later. I know it seems like i have to go through a lot of different things but to be honest its more painful for mummy and daddy than me, as long as I'm fed ill sleep through anything me :) I don't know any different at the moment, its just life....my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment